Friday, 16 March 2012

What I learned today (2): Cookies vs biscuits

The term ‘cookies’ only applies to the round variety. If it is square, it should most definitely be referred to as a ‘biscuit’. When containing nuts and some kind of honey- or sugar-like substance, it must be called a ‘bar’. 

Incorrect use of the above mentioned terms will highly likely result in confused Brits and Americans regarding the snack you are referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment