Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Cairo in the rain

Tahrir by night, in the rain
I couldn't sleep last night, so I decided to go out and take some pictures of the rain. It was around 4 am in the morning. Dangerous, you say? Au contraire.

Cairo is a 24-hour city, there are always people out on the street, whether it be in shops or restaurants that are still serving costumers, or vegetable- or newspaper vendors that are open 'round the clock.

Next to my building there is a small supermarket, which, although it is not open all night, it always has employees either going in and out, or just randomly hanging out in front of it.

Last night I pretty much walked from the watchful eye of the supermarket guys, into the friendly gaze of my local newspaper man, and then across Tahrir, over to my buddies at the falafel shop.

The one scary thing that happened was when I accidentally backed into a fence that roused a dog that started barking like a hell-hound. I nearly had a heart-attack and I think I screamed so hard I woke up half the neighbourhood. Oops.

Click here to see the rest of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment